With an estimated population of over 336,265, Anaheim is a Mecca of entertainment. The city showcases laid back luxury and amusement in its many theme parks, game stadium, park and convention center. Did you know about 28,154 park guests entered Disneyland on opening day, July 18, 1955? Read further and gather many interesting facts about the City of Anaheim.
Image by Pixelbug via http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8959417
Interesting Facts about Anaheim!
- Anaheim is Orange County's 2nd largest city.
- The city is located in the southwestern end of California.
- Disneyland was constructed in only 365 days starting from groundbreaking to opening.
- Disneyland opened in 1955.
- Anaheim has the original Carl’s Junior restaurant.
- The Annual Halloween parade in Anaheim is among the largest Halloween parades in the nation.
- The name Anaheim is created from “Ana,” after Santa Ana River, and “heim,” meaning home.
- Anaheim was Orange County's first city.
- Many famous films such as “American Pie 2,” “As Good as it Gets” and “Apollo 13,” and were filmed in Seal Beach.
- Venus Today Magazine has ranked The Honda center in Anaheim as one of the the top 10 arenas of the decade in the world.
- The main objective of Anaheim’s original residents are wine-making and grape growing.
- The Anaheim Convention Center is West Coast's largest convention center.
- In 1867, Anaheim was founded by fifty German families.
- The City of Anaheim is served by 7 public school districts
- The top employer in Anaheim is The Disneyland Resort.
- The oldest sculpture in Orange County is located at Anaheim's Pearson Park.
- There are 44 parks spanning around 650 acres in Anaheim.
- The income of Anaheim is based on a tourism economy.
- Anaheim functions under a council-manager government.
Check out best tourist spots in Anaheim!